On New Years Day 2013 I took a notion that I would take a picture every day in 2013. As a non photographer, I’m not sure where this notion came from, but I’m so glad that I decided to do it, and even more glad that I put it out on Twitter that I was going to do it. By the end of the day I was part of a Flickr group of more than 50 people, all of whom were taking on the 1 picture a day challenge. It was an eclectic mix of people spread across the globe. Through the pictures uploaded by the members of the group we got a window into each others lives which I personally loved. For me, being part of a group helped me to keep taking pictures every day and I’m delighted to have taken a picture every day during the year. There was more than one occasion where I realised after 10pm that I had no picture taken for that day so I found myself taking pictures of some of the regular items around my house! Notwithstanding the poor quality of some of these pictures I’m happy to have a series of summary pictures which evoke some very happy memories of :
– a very sunny summer spent traipsing the country
– the conferences I attended, spoke at and organised during the year
– my interactions with CoderDojo during the year
– some of the beautiful sunrises and sunsets that have obviously happened in previous years but which I wasn’t really that aware of
– the trips to the movies and other places I went went to with my son, daughter and nieces and nephews
… and so much more.
I’ve already signed up for the 2014 1 picture a day challenge which I am really looking forward to 🙂
You can see a snapshot of my 2013 below or you can browse the individual pictures at my year in pictures page.